Join Camp Oakhurst in helping provide services to children and adults with physical and developmental disabilities, including autism spectrum disorder.
Click DONATE NOW here or on any page to donate to Camp Oakhurst. Your payment information will be transmitted securely. You can also print, complete and mail our Contribution form (PDF), or call us at 212-533-4020 and make a contribution over the phone.
Contributions to New York Service for the Handicapped, which owns and operates Camp Oakhurst, are tax deductible as permitted by law. Suggested targeted contributions include:
• $1,650 for a scholarship for a two-week summer sleep away camp session for a child.
• $960 for a scholarship for a one week year-round respite/vacation session for an adult.
• $400 for a weekend respite for a child diagnosed with autism.
• $130 to provide a day of respite to a family with a child with physical/developmental disabilities.
Suggested Items for In-kind Donations
Camp Oakhurst is always in need of camp supplies. If you prefer an in-kind donation, here are the items we currently need for our campers:
- Telescope for stargazing in nature program
- Arts and crafts supplies
- Office supplies
- Cleaning supplies
- Shrubs for planting
- Raised garden beds
- New bed linens for twin-size beds
- New/gently-used bed rails
- New pool life jackets
- New sports equipment (balls, nets)
- New/gently-used exercise equipment
- New cabin beds for staff
- New dining room tables and chairs
- New/gently-used furniture for cabin porches
- New shower chairs
- Sidewalk lighting
- Golf cart or cargo ATV for inter-camp use
- Wood fencing around entire roadside property
- Re-paving of the Camp Oakhurst parking lot
- Re-paving of sidewalks
- Underwriting for year-round housekeeper
For more information on making an in-kind donation, please contact the NJ Office at 732-531-0215 or firstname.lastname@example.org